- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 2:47 pm #9569Abbie ThomsonGuest
by Fuminori Nakamura, Satoko Izumo, Stephen Coates
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, japan, crime, mystery, thriller, asia, noir, contemporary
- Format: hardcover, 211 pages
- Publisher: Soho Crime
- Author: Fuminori Nakamura, Satoko Izumo, Stephen Coates
- ISBN: 9781616950217 (1616950218)
- Release date: March 20, 2012
- Awards: Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Mystery/Thriller (2012), Prix Zoom Japon for Littérature (2013), Ōe Kenzaburō Prize 大江健三郎賞 (2010)
About The Book
A literary crime masterpiece that follows a Japanese pickpocket lost to the machinations of fate. Bleak and oozing existential dread, The Thief is simply unforgettable.
The Thief is a seasoned pickpocket. Anonymous in his tailored suit, he weaves in and out of Tokyo crowds, stealing wallets from strangers so smoothly sometimes he doesn’t even remember the snatch. Most people are just a blur to him, nameless faces from whom he chooses his victims. He has no family, no friends, no connections…. But he does have a past, which finally catches up with him when Ishikawa, his first partner, reappears in his life, and offers him a job he can’t refuse. It’s an easy job: tie up an old rich man, steal the contents of the safe. No one gets hurt. Only the day after the job does he learn that the old man was a prominent politician, and that he was brutally killed after the robbery. And now the Thief is caught in a tangle even he might not be able to escape.
TXT ebook The Thief by Fuminori Nakamura buy cheap on Amazon. FB2 book The Thief Kindle. MP3 The Thief Fuminori Nakamura read online. Paperback ebook The Thief download on iOS on Booktopia.