- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 2:54 am #9468Joel QuickGuest
The Shock Doctrine
The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
by Naomi Klein
- Format: hardcover, 558 pages
- Release date: September 18, 2007
- Publisher: Metropolitan Books
- Characters: Augusto Pinochet, Milton Friedman, Ewen Cameron, Margaret Thatcher, Lech Wałęsa
- Awards: Warwick Prize for Writing (2009), Canadian Booksellers Association Libris Award for Non‐Fiction Book (2008), British Columbia National Award for Canadian Non-Fiction Nominee (2008)
- ISBN: 9780805079838 (0805079831)
- Author: Naomi Klein
- Places: New Orleans, Louisiana, Chile, Argentina
- Language: english
- Genres: politics, economics, history, sociology, business, philosophy, society
About The Book
In her ground-breaking reporting from Iraq, Naomi Klein exposed how the trauma of invasion was being exploited to remake the country in the interest of foreign corporations. She called it “disaster capitalism.” Covering Sri Lanka in the wake of the tsunami, and New Orleans post-Katrina, she witnessed something remarkably similar. People still reeling from catastrophe were being hit again, this time with economic “shock treatment” losing their land and homes to rapid-fire corporate makeovers. The Shock Doctrine retells the story of the most dominant ideology of our time, Milton Friedman’s free market economic revolution. In contrast to the popular myth of this movement’s peaceful global victory, Klein shows how it has exploited moments of shock and extreme violence in order to implement its economic policies in so many parts of the world from Latin America and Eastern Europe to South Africa, Russia, and Iraq. At the core of disaster capitalism is the use of cataclysmic events to advance radical privatization combined with the privatization of the disaster response itself. By capitalizing on crises, created by nature or war, Klein argues that the disaster capitalism complex now exists as a booming new economy, and is the violent culmination of a radical economic project that has been incubating for fifty years.
Online The Shock Doctrine Naomi Klein read online for Mac on Kobo. Hardback book The Shock Doctrine download. Paperback ebook The Shock Doctrine on Books-a-Million. FB2 The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein buy PocketBook. FictionBook ebook The Shock Doctrine Naomi Klein read on iOS on Bookshop.
TXT book The Shock Doctrine download. MOBI ebook The Shock Doctrine buy cheap for Kindle on Audible. Hardcover The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein. PDF book The Shock Doctrine buy cheap on iPad on Booktopia. MP3 The Shock Doctrine Naomi Klein read.